Idea is definitely making its presence felt in Mumbai. We came across this plan, called the Double Value 299 plan. The details of this plan are:
- Monthly Rental: Rs 299
- CLIP: Free
- Monthly free usage: 400 mins calls free (All Local), 200 SMS Free (All Local)
- Local calls to Idea mobile: 30 paise/min
- Local calls to other mobile: 50 paise/min
- Local calls to fixed phones: Re 1/min
- Local/National SMS: 50 paise/SMS
We say: This plan isn’t ‘double value’ in real terms. Idea has increased local free minutes by 100 but limited the total monthly SMSes to 200. The benefit is the same of a full value plan but this one is more call centric. If your local calls clock around 400 – 550 minutes, this plan can save some of your green paper.
What is the full value plan you are comparing it with?? I think it best compares with the Value Plus 199 plan.
Comparing the 2 I can see that you need to pay 100Rs more and for that you get 100 minutes more of local calls. Additionally STD costs you rs1/min vs rs 1.5 for the 199 plan.
I have posted about all the idea mobile plans at http://binaryday.com/2008/08/24/idea-mumbai-postpaid-tariff-plans/