Idea made its grand entry into Mumbai on Thursday and the operator was all over the place. Here is one of the plans that would be available to users in Mumbai. This one is called Value Plus 199 and the components are as follows:
- Monthly Rent: Rs.199
- CLIP charges: Free for 6 months, Rs.50 after that
- Local calls to Idea numbers: 30paise
- Local calls to other cellphones: 50paise
- Local calls to Fixed Lines: Re.1
- Local and National SMS: 50paise
- Free 300 mins of Local calls to all numbers
- Free 200 Local SMS Free to all numbers
Additional Details: To start off users would have to pay Rs. 200 (Converted to Security deposit after 6 Months) as plan enrollment and Rs.99 as activation charges.
We say: This plan is more or less the same when you compare it other full value plans. Here they give you an extra 100 mins of free calling which is then compensated with the CLIP charges which you’ll pay after 6 months. Let’s do a quick math for the remaining 100 free local mins. Effectively, Idea isn’t losing much if you call on mobiles but will suffer if the calls are made on fixed lines (Re. 1 X 100 = Rs. 100).
This plan is more or less same as Vodafone’s Corporate FV 199 plan.
But, VF’s plan is better coz it gives Rs. 200 worth free local calls and 200 local as well as national SMS are free. CLIP is also free for lifetime.
But, may I’ll get Idea as well.