BSNL launched its 3G services a while ago and we are here to give you the Gyaan you need on the same. This review will take you through all the plans on offer and their respective pros and cons::
- The service is available for both Prepaid and Postpaid users.
- Currently, users cannot migrate from existing 2G service to the 3G one.
- They will have to buy a new Sim for the same.
- Users can avail voice and data benefits through the service
- Cost of the Sim Card – Rs.300 – inclusive of all taxes
- Valid for 7 days
- No talktime
Call and SMS Charges::
- Local calls to BSNL: 40paise
- Local calls to other networks: 70 paise
- Local Video calls: Rs.2
- All STD Calls: Re.1
- STD Video calls: Rs.3
- Local SMS: 50paise
- National SMS: Re.1
- International SMS: Rs.5
- Data usage: Rs.3/Mb
These were the basics of the plan. Let’s move on to the data plans as you definitely want to thrill yourself with the speed the service offers…
- 50Mb Trial Pack: Rs.60
- 100Mb Trial Pack: Rs120
- Both the above plans have a 15-day validity
Other Plans: All the other plans come with a 30-day validity and data transfer is charged @ Rs.2/MB. The only difference is the amount of free usage you get, which has been given below::
(Cost of the Plan: Free usage)
- Rs.250: 300 Mb
- Rs.400: 1Gb
- Rs.650: 2Gb
- Rs.1,000: 5Gb
- Rs.3,001: Unlimited
Overall the plans look quite good. The subscription charge of Rs.300 is also quite appropriate for the service being offered. Also, the concept of a trial pack @ Rs.60 might help users experience the service before they plan to take a particular plan.
As for the data plans, BSNL’s made sure it caters to different groups. Though the unlimited plan is the most preferable, its price tag takes away its charm. The 2Gb-5Gb plans should work well among users as they are priced quite appropriately. However, the same is very subjective and purely depends on your usage.
Leave a Reply