Last week saw Kolkata getting its sixth GSM operator – Tata Docomo. The operator is already present in 10 circles which include Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Orissa, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Mumbai, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh-Chhattisgarh and Haryana. We bring you a peep into its prepaid offering in Kolkata –
TATA DOCOMO PREPAID
- The prepaid starter kit costs Rs 49 and comes with lifetime validity and zero free airtime on pack.
- All local calls can be made at the rate of 1 paisa/sec.
- All STD calls can be made at the rate of 2 paise/sec (however, as an inaugural scheme the operator is currently offering STD at the rate 1 paisa/sec which is applicable for the first 15 min of STD usage for the day and subsequently users will be charged 2 paise/sec).
- Local, National and International SMSes are charged at 60 paise, Rs 1.2 and Rs 5 respectively (however, again as an inaugural scheme the operator will only charge you for the first 2 SMS of the day and thereafter the user can avail 100 Local or National SMSes free for the day).
- GPRS can be used without paying any rental at the rate of 1 paise/kb on the home network.
Tata Docomo is also offering two Special tariff vouchers for users with special requirements. The first voucher is priced at Rs 25 and will offer calls across home network at 1 paisa/2 secs i.e. equivalent to 30 paise/min. The second voucher is priced at Rs 14 and will offer night calling (11 pm to 7am) across home network at 1 paisa/5 secs i.e. equivalent to 12 paise/min. Both vouchers will be valid for a month and call can be made across Tata Docomo, Tata Indicom and Virgin Mobile. This is a limited period offer and will be valid till 30th October 2009.