If there is one thing that can gauge the performance of the operators’ service in the Telecom industry, it’s TRAI’s service survey. This survey is undertaken to understand operator performance on parameters like pre-sales and sales, network availability, value-added service (VAS), customer care and billing . The final score is a percentage with 90% being the cut-off set by the governing body. Here are how the results looked like:
- Virgin mobile is at numero uno position.
- Vodafone and BSNL closely follow at the 2nd spot.
- Airtel, which had passed the 90% requirement set by TRAI, slipped down to 85%.
- Airtel, BPL, Idea and MTNL were the others who failed to attain the 90% benchmark.
- Reliance and Tata Indicom made it to the approved list by a narrow margin.
Going into further specifics, the operators were rated on individual parameters and this is how they fared; a list of who topped the charts:
- Pre Sales and Sales: Virgin leads the clan here too
- Network: BPL and MTNL were the favorites
- VAS: BSNL emerged as the winner
- Customer Care: Virgin Mobile (only one to meet the benchmark)
- Billing integrity: Virgin, Vodafone
BPL topping the network test…IMPOSSIBLE!! Everybody knows how worst BPL’s network has become since an year…
Either there’s a mistake in the survey or BPL has used unfair means to get to the toplist!!!
Rohan Kamath says
You being a user would know better. We, the TG team too think that the results would not be the same if real users like you and me would have been a part of this survey.
bharat khanna says
i tell you both names under network fall the last in that catagory…
i think airtel is the best in vas..i dont have ideA about bsnl as m from mumbai
The results seem fishy to me.
BPL is d worst and airtel is d best in mumbai